Thursday 21 June 2012

Review: Eve Lom facial



As any facial fan will no doubt assert, the hallmark of an hour well spent is judged not by face-time itself, but by the satellite treatments encompassed into your time on the therapist's couch. Note to brands: the odd foot scrub / head rub / shoulder massage will never go a-miss.

At Eve Lom, this message has been clearly been received loud and clear: from a gentle earlobe massage to the application of lip-balm as I semi-dosed (a first EVER for me and surprisingly well-received for an area I considered the sole domain of Mr C's nashers), this treatment was all in the detail. AND there's not a plinky plonk sound in sight (if you catch my poorly described drift) - Eve Lom's violin soundtrack is simply calming.  

The neck, shoulder and decollete massage was firm and - quite unusually, actually - very results-driven. I can tell you this because of the dull ache (good pain - satisfying. A bit like poking a bruise) that ripped through my shoulders as she worked on my knots. Oh, and the fact that I heard her knuckles crack with strain of de-knotting me.  Love a therapist who's not afraid to get stuck in. But, just as the age old "beauty is pain" mantra was beginning to form on my tongue, it was over. Just as quickly as it had started. One stroke later and her hands simply glided up my shoulders  - the tension had totally and quite literally melted. Well I never: knots be gone! 

At the end, I asked what she thought my face type was. Far from the generic one word-ers we tend to associate with skintype, I received a brief but encompassing break-down of the individual parts of my face and their specific needs. Dry, oily, combo? Pah. That's so last decade..

On leaving, I was presented my very own posy in a jar. I felt like the Queen. Oh, and I left fresh faced rejuvenated, and totally sans redness. I felt no need for make-up, and in fact my skin felt so ludicrously clean that I quite specifically chose to avoid it (and wondered if I should re-learn some cleansing know-how..)

The facial was based around a new launch for the luxe skincare brand - watch this space. And in the meantime, head to the Sanderson's Agua spa for their latest treatments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment